This is a general role MS SQL Server DBA performing DB administration, DB performance tuning and light DB development. Looking forward, this role will also help implement and support data warehousing and data analytics systems. This person will work closely with the development team, specifically leads/senior developers and architect/data architect.
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with company goals and SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with customers on their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, DB health and performance monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are proactively identified and resolved within established SLAs, monitoring database security and recommending security improvements, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with development to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems if needed.
What you get to do…
- Installation, administration and maintenance of SQL server instances including upgrades
- Migrate database(s) from one server to another
- Apply applicable service packs, patches and hot fixes to SQL server
- Implement HA solutions (Failover clustering, AlwaysOn availability, etc.)
- Design and create database systems, from server design to drive allocation and network configuration as well as capacity planning
- Design and implement incident recovery plan (database/server backup and recovery)
- Database monitoring (database performance, scheduled jobs and backup jobs)
- Monitor and Troubleshoot SQL Server and database/performance issues (database settings, optimizing queries and other T-SQL tuning, altering indexes, ETL development, etc)
- Troubleshoot server, network or user connectivity issues.
- Development – create new tables, new indexes, new stored procedures, new jobs, etc)
- Work closely with development team and IT team
The expertise you bring to the table
- 5+ years of experience in the field or related area
- HA solutions, such as clustering and AlwaysOn Groups
- Data warehousing/analysis including SSIS and SSAS
- Large databases (transactional and not), as well as large numbers of mixed sized databases
- Creating and optimizing complex TSQL queries and stored procedures
- Database security policies
- Backups, recovery, DBCC commands, clustering, index management and statistics
- Implementing operational monitoring and automation
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and credit check. Drug-free work environment. No recruiters or agencies.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE – If you are selected for an interview, a member of our team will contact you.