Minimum Computer Requirement
- Processor: 1GHz (or better) x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) processor required. IA64 Itanium is not supported
- Memory: 1GB (2GB Recommended)
- Hard Drive Space : 2GB for a full install, 1GB for a client.
- Network Card (NIC) required for install.
- Display for Procare client: 800x600, 256 colors (1064x768 16-bit color recommended)
- Display for Checkin computer: 800 x 576, 256 colors
Procare is compatible with the following 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows. Please make sure all Windows updates have been installed prior to installing ANY version of Procare. Beta version of Windows are not supported.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1 (Windows 8 RT is NOT supported. This operating system is most commonly found on older Surface tablets)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Windows server 2008 R2 or later
Important! Procare uses a SQL database. Microsoft recommends that you do NOT install SQL on a domain controller (DC), subsequently Procare will not allow you to install SQL on a DC. If you must install it on a DC, please contact your IT professional. If you are unsure if your server is a domain controller, please contact your IT professional. See: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2032911.
Procare is a Windows application. You can utilize a program like Parallels to create a virtual Windows PC on your Apple PC, and that will allow you to install Procare. Also, you can use a program called Boot Camp to setup a separate partition for Windows to utilize Procare.
Note: Your support will be limited if you set Procare up this way.
- Mobile Web Apps for Procare (Requires Procare’s Procare Cloud Hosting Service)
- Remotely connect to Procare with a Tablet/Handheld
- Procare’s Parent Engagement App for classrooms (coming soon) is compatible with Android and iPad tablets. Amazon Fire is not supported.
- 7″ display (minimum)
- Android 4.0 or higher
- IOS 8.0 or higher
Application / Database Requirements
- .Net Framework 4
- SQL 2008 SP2 (Distributed with Procare)
- Optional: Use your own SQL database. Procare will work with SQL 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Note: If you setup your Procare this way, your support through Procare will be very limited. Procare technical support cannot function as your database administrator (DBA). You will be responsible for setting up access and permissions to your database.
The Procare Cloud is a service that Procare offers that allows your data to be stored on our cloud server. This will allow you to connect to your data using any computer, from any location, as long as you have a high speed internet connection.
- Your internet connection must be a type of wired, high speed broadband (Cable, Fiber, DSL). Satellite and other forms of wireless internet (including cell hot spots) generally aren’t stable enough for Procare to function properly on the cloud.
- Minimum required bandwidth and Ping Rates:
- Maximum ping rate to southern Oregon: 120ms
- Minimum available bandwidth: 1.5Mbps/Download, .5Mbps Upload
Important! If you have cameras that broadcast for your parents or send data through the internet this will drastically affect your available bandwidth. We must to take this into account or your Procare will not function optimally. A separate internet connection may be required, however, this is extremely rare.
- Centralized database capability (multiple locations hosted in the same database)
- Requires Procare client software to access the database – not exposed through a simple file share or Remote desktop connection (RDP).
- Database does not store any credit card or bank account numbers. These are stored separately on a different server.
- Hierarchical configuration with granular control over User Groups and permissions.
- Password created by each individual user (not by a supervisor) and are never visible to anyone.
- System Supervisor can see who’s logged in and kick users off system (or send log off requests).
Procare is installed to the ‘Program Files’ directory on drive C of the local machine, for example C:\Program Files\Procare. Note: For the Desktop version of Procare, if you are using your own SQL Server (rather than the supplied SQL Express Edition) the database will install to the default location configured within SQL (beginning in version 10.1.3720).
Bring a new level of productivity to your center
I absolutely Love Procare! Not only does it make managing accounts easy, it save you time and their customer service is remarkable!
Our U.S. based support team is dedicated to providing solutions, training and tools with the option of remote support technology to diagnose and repair your issues.
We also have an entire support website dedicated to helping you succeed with videos, articles, tips, live webinars and more.